Daily Archives: 25/07/2016

Breva 1100 60,000km Service

Over several days, I conducted the 60,000km service on my ’06 Breva 1100.

IMG_20160714_160225  IMG_20160718_114923

Before taking the tank off, make sure that you have a safe place to place it.  As usual, it took me some time and swearing to release the fuel line “quick” disconnect fitting.

The rocker cover gaskets were the originals – 10 years old.  This time, one tore as I removed the cover so I replace both of them with the new rubberised metal type.  Checked the tappets but no adjustment was need.

2016-07-18 11.49.02  IMG_20160718_124055

Changed all the fluids, the air and oil filter.  Ryco now make oil filters for motorcycles so, rather than use their Z418, which I’ve always used in my Breva and Cali, I installed their RMZ126.

Used Penrite’s fully synthetic 10W-60 oil for the engine, with its high zinc content for flat tappet engines, and their 80W-90 gear oil for the gearbox and rear drive.  Used some tin foil to direct the old oil into the container.

IMG_20160719_115727   IMG_20160719_115821

For the first time, I removed the suspension linkage and and regreased the roller bearings.  Fiddly bloody job, but quite straightforward.  Placed a jack under the swingarm to release the suspension tension, and the linkage came out easily.

IMG_20160720_113123  IMG_20160720_120656

I wanted to do the swingarm bearings, too, but piked out.  I spent some time cleaning every electrical terminal I could find with a wire brush until they shone like a spoon.

I also recently dowloaded the Guzzidiag software and obtained the cables from Lonelec to connect to the Breva’s ECU.  This allowed me to reset the TPS.  It has many other functions which I intend to investigate.

IMG_0010__1469581703_110.140.135.238

Gave the girl a thorough clean and now she’s all set for another 10,000km.

 

Advertisements

1 Comment

Filed under Uncategorized